Some resources from the course. Don’t forget them!
Scala style checker
Reactive Cheat Sheet
- Scala Standard Library API
- Akka Reference Documentation and API
- RxScala API
- Scala Overview on StackOverflow: A list of useful questions sorted by topic
Learning Scala and Functional Programming
- The #progfun coursera class, Functional Programming Principles in Scala, is a recommended pre-requisite for this class, and will remain open for you to refresh your knowledge of the material.
- Martin’s talk at OSCON 2011: Working Hard to Keep it Simple (slides)
Artima has graciously provided a 15% discount on the 2nd edition of Programming in Scala to all participants of this course. To receive the discount, simply visit http://www.artima.com/shop/programming_in_scala_2ed and during checkout, please use the coupon code: COURSERA-ODERSKY to have the discount applied.
- Scala for the Impatient. Cay Horstmann. Addison-Wesley 2012. – [First part available for download.]
- Scala in Depth. Joshua D. Suereth. Manning 2012. – [Available for purchase].
- Programming Scala. Dean Wampler and Alex Payne. O’Reilly 2008. [Online edition].
- Glossary of Scala and FP terms, for any issues with terminology.
- Scala By Example, for more examples which illustrate concepts covered in the lectures.
- Scala Cheatsheet, for a quick reference covering pattern matching syntax, for-comprehension syntax, and more.
- Scala School!: A Scala tutorial by Twitter
- A Tour of Scala: Tutorial introducing the main concepts of Scala